Heraklion Food & Drink
Kritamon Restaurant, Archanes
Kritamon restaurant offers Cretan cuisine with a gourmet twist.
It is located in the heart of Archanes village in a beautiful cobblestone alley. The lovely atmosphere and chef’s creativity and imagination will give you and your family a memorable dining experience.
Do you need more evidence that Kritamon is an authentic Cretan Restaurant? Just watch this video, where Kalimera Archanes Village is also featured.
- Pilafi (traditional Greek rice dish) with mushrooms
- Kritamisou: a Cretan version of the Italian tiramisu
Families should know
- Despite the high temperatures on this island, Arhanes is always a little cooler than the rest of Crete, so do not forget to bring a cardigan for you and your kids (even in the summer)
- The restaurant is located on a pedestrianised street, so be prepared to park somewhere near the main square of the village and walk up to Kritamon
- The restaurant is open daily except for Mondays from 19:00 pm until late
- During weekdays, the restaurant is open only for dinner. The lunch option is only provided during weekends.
- From Heraklion, follow the road that leads to Knossos and then drive until Arhanes. Pass the village of Kato Arhanes village and continue for 2 more kilometres towards Ano Arhanes, where Kritamon is located
- Rent high quality baby & toddler equipment such as booster seats and strollers through our partner My Baby in Greece for stress-free and enjoyable family meals in Greece
- Easy access for strollers
- By appointment only: Cretan cuisine and olive oil tasting