The Self-Drive Greek Mythology Trip for Families: Delphi and Meteora Tours
- What is included
- Why book with us
Are you looking for a stress-free one-of-a-kind road trip with your family? We cannot recommend enough our newly launched “The Self-Drive Greek Mythology Trip for Families: Delphi and Meteora Tour – 3 Day itinerary”.
A self-drive mythology journey that will help you explore the most significant sites in the region of Central Greece in the best way. Every day will be exciting with a different theme, making the whole experience insightful and memorable!
Start and finish from Athens and visit with your family Delphi, Galaxidi, Meteora, and Pindos.
How does it work?
Step 1: Choose your itinerary
Step 2: Pick up the car either from the airport or the center of Athens
Step 3: Download our travel app on your electronic device (either smartphone or tablet) and find the predefined family-friendly self-drive itinerary
Step 4: Enjoy your self-drive vacation with your family
Why choosing our organized self-drive multiday tours for your family?
We take care of all the hassles of independent self-drive vacation planning! We book your car and we carefully select family-run guesthouses. And of course, we have designed your family-friendly Greek Mythology driving itinerary day by day – all found in our innovative Travel App.
All information shared is in a clear and simple way for the deepest understanding of Greek history and culture. Our favorite family guide will be with you at each stop, while our local experts will offer professional support if you need advice or assistance throughout your journey.
- Car rental* category D for 3 days (including Unlimited Mileage, Third Party Cover, Collision Damage Cover, Vehicle Theft Cover, Airport surcharge, Local Taxes)
- 2-night accommodation at traditional guesthouses** (4 stars)
- Two traditional Greek breakfasts
- The customized trip app featuring:
- Thematic detailed itinerary & navigation
- Enriched content, audio storytelling & advice from a top-rated guide at each location
- Optional stops, local tips & points of interest
- Suggestions for tours, audio-guided tours & activities
- Restaurant recommendations in each area
*The rates are for the car based on 4 people.
** Pricing includes one double room per 2 people, one triple room per 3 people, and one quadruple room per 4 people. In case your group has different requirements, we can customize your trip accordingly.
•”The Self-Drive Greek Mythology Trip for Families: Delphi and Meteora Tour – 3 Day itinerary” is a fantastic way to experience Greek culture with your family at your own pace and flexibility. Self-drive is a convenient and independent way of traveling.
• We organize a wonderful trip for your family to meet and explore aspects of Greek life in places and ancient sites of incomparable beauty.
• Self-driving provides you with all the freedom and independence of traveling without a tour guide, but at the same time, you don’t have to worry about the schedule as everything is at your own pace. In other words, it takes care of everything without taking away the joy of personal choices.
• We provide a full schedule of this 5-day vacation and a range of activities for you and your kids to select from.
• At every stop, you have recommended activities, and everything you need to know is planned for you beforehand.
Day 1 Self Drive Trip for Families: Delphi Tour and Meteora Tour
- Day 1 Self Drive Trip for Families: Delphi Tour and Meteora Tour
- Day 2 Self Drive Trip for Families: Meteora
- Day 3 Self Drive Trip for Families: Pindos and Athens
Your road trip starts from Athens. You will pick a car from an arranged location.
Make your first stop at a mythical river and its sacred springs, where the oracle of Nightmares offered divine guidance! It sounds exciting, doesn’t it?
At your next stop, you can admire royal architecture and mosaics dating back to the medieval 11th century.
Then, it’s time for the stunning ancient site and museum of Delphi. There, you can choose to have a guided tour to explore the ancient site, where the oracle of the world was located. You will also learn about the mystical monument of Kastalia spring waters.
After Delphi, a traditional Greek lunch is waiting for you and your family in a beautiful, abandoned Greek village. Your lunch will be served under century-old plane trees! To find this extraordinary village you will drive through mountains, valleys, and charming villages.
The day ends at Meteora, where you can have an evening walk and enjoy dinner.
Day 2 Self Drive Trip for Families: Meteora Tour
After breakfast, get ready to explore Meteora. Meteora is a unique rock formation that looks like towering sandstone columns formed millions of years ago. On the top of those formations, you will find precipitously built complexes of Eastern Orthodox monasteries. Even nowadays, the monasteries are operational and are visited by people who want to pray and enjoy this spectacular view. You will be able to walk and drive around Meteora. You will also have the chance to visit a 130,000 years old prehistoric cave.
Our next stop is the town of Kalambaka, where you have three options in terms of activities. You can either visit the Grek Education Museum and learn about the local culture, or take a mini-course of the Greek language, or attend a Byzantine art workshop with a local artist!
For lunch, you either visit a village nearby and have lunch there or visit one of the local wineries.
Do not forget your camera as the sunset is breathtaking.
Day 3 Self Drive Trip for Families: Pindos and Athens
This is the last day of your self-drive trip. Expect a long but very exciting day as you drive through the wild mountain range of Pindos! You will explore hidden mountains and villages known only by locals. Do not miss the Forest of the White River!
There is also a secret route that leads you to one of the most scenic, yet rarely visited, the monastery with thirteen domes.
Next, you will visit a place where Three rivers meet, where you are welcome to swim.
Your last stop will be a remarkable and old stone bridge, the perfect spot for family photos. Lunch will be served in a middle-earth fantasy tree tavern before you head back to Athens.
Best season to visit
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!