Ancient Agora For Kids
The 2 hour Ancient Agora For Kids tour is an ideal way for the kids to have fun during their vacation in Athens. A licensed guide, who is also a trained educator, will lead the way, bringing to life the heart of ancient Athens in ways you never thought possible.
- Your tour starts with a card game about Greek Mythology!
- Your first stop is the Temple of Hephaestus, where you will pretend you are an architect exploring ancient Temples.
- You will, then, visit Tholos, the ancient Parliament, where you will learn about democracy (and tyranny) in Ancient Greece.
- Next stop of the Monument of the Eponymous Heroes where you will learn everything about the daily life of Athenians!
- At the Odeon of Agrippa you will gig out the Tritons and the Giants
- Last stop is the Stoa of Attalos, where you will discover ancient Greek Toys
To adults, the Temple of Hephaestus in the Ancient Agora is the best preserved Greek temple in Athens. To kids on the play-and-learn tour, it is where they will be an ancient engineer, seeing how it was built, and even how they might finish it!
Our fun guide will keep the kids engaged throughout the tour, describing how the ancient Athenians lived their lives, and the importance of the Agora (market). It was more than just a place to buy and sell goods. It was where deals were made, political alliances forged, and where tyranny and democracy were discussed.
The largest building in the Ancient Agora is the reconstructed Stoa of Attalos, which is now a museum. Even in here, our guide will keep your kids interested and amazed, especially when they reach some of the ancient toys that children used to play with thousands of years ago.
Leaving the museum, there will still be time for a trial under ancient Athenian law – Will the kids be brave enough to put their parents on trial though? Finally, our guide will encourage the kids to draw the images that inspired them the most. Perhaps it will be the images of Greek Gods and heroes. It might be of the temple, or the Tholos. Whatever it is, it will be the perfect souvenir from a wonderful time in Athens with the family.
Kids Love Greece also has many other tours available in Athens and throughout Greece. You can check here for a list of our Family Activities in Athens, and you might also be interested in this Family Day-Trip to Mycenae and Nafplio from Athens.
Families should know
- This tour is specially designed for kids, as young as 5 years old!
- Wear a hat, sunblock, and take water
- Fully licensed kid-friendly guide
Best season to visit
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!