Family Biking Tour in Nafplion
2 1/2 hours
Are you ready to see Nafplion by Bike? This Family Biking Tour is our brand-new activity for kids. Can you think a better way of exploring the city!
This family-friendly activity starts from the lighthouse of the picturesque harbor of Nafplion. From here until the end of our tour, there are very few uphills and downhills and a large part of the route is along the sea.
First, we bike on the paved path under the walls of the famous Acronafplia admiring the five canons from the Venetians period. The Acronafplia was the Acropolis of Nafplion and the oldest of all the castles of the city.
The tour continues towards the Panagitsa church. This was the secret school that operated during the Ottoman occupation. We follow toward Arvanitia and Karathona beach. On our way, we can admire the Palamidi castle, the sea and the mountains of the Peloponnese.
At the beach, we bike under the shadows of the eucalyptus trees and we reach a picturesque church. With its wooden benches and shade, this is the perfect place to rest and to have a lunch-break overlooking the sea. We also have the option to hike up the mountains and enjoy an amazing view.
Full of impressions and great memories, we return to the starting point of our Family Biking Tour in Nafplion where this bike adventure comes to an end.
Families should know
- Families who want to extend the cycling tour (+-4 km) can opt for an extension through the old and modern neighbourhoods of Nafplion
- We recommend you to wear suitable clothing
Kids will love
- A biking adventure with their parents
- Riding streets that are very different from home
- The ancient Acropolis of Αcronafplia
Parents will love
- Spectacular views over the mountains and sea
- Spending fun and active time with their kids
- Learning more about Nafplion, the first capital of Greece
Best season to visit
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!