Kakkos Bay Hotel
If you ask any local for the first hotel that comes to mind around Ierapetra, he/she will definitely mention Kakkos Bay. Kakkos Bay is one of the oldest and most traditional hotels in town, located just 10 km away from Ierapetra.
Constructed in harmony with its natural environment, it is built within an enchanting bay. Ierapetra is famous for its strong summer winds, but the Kakkos Bay beaches are always calm.
Time has definitely left its mark and this is visible in many areas of the hotel, but this is no reason to skip over Kakkos Bay for your family holidays. There are a lot of refurbished rooms within the hotel which are suitable for families with one or two children. Although they are a bit small, they offer the small dose of luxury that you and your family deserve. The Kids Love Greece team recommends that you pay the difference in price for the refurbished rooms provided they are available.
The staff are very relaxed and extremely friendly and helpful. Kakkos Bay is one of the very few hotels where you will see waiters wearing jeans or shorts.
The hotel’s taverna by the beach is the best thing about this hotel. The young but very talented chef puts 100% of his energy and a lot of imagination into satisfying your palate.
Families should know
- During weekends a lot of locals visit the taverna and the hotel beach so there is more noise than on weekdays
- The hotel swimming pool is relatively small and non-residents can also use it. There is often loud music and noise around the pool
- The all-inclusive package works out as the cheapest option, but we are not sure if it will totally satisfy you in terms of quality and choices.
- The breakfast area can get easily crowded
- The hotel does not have elevators. The bars generally facilitate transport for buggies, but in certain areas of the hotel it is not so easy to get around
Best season to visit
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!