Join this small group of other food loving visitors, all keen to savor the sights, sounds and tastes of the real Crete. Chania Crete family food tour will help you explore beautiful neighborhoods and authentic shops that keep alive the Cretan traditions and release all the aromas and tastes of the famous Cretan diet.
Meeting in the morning at a central location of Chania, an experienced and food specialist guide will lead you through the most picturesque parts of the city in search of delicacies all the family will enjoy. Along the way, you will learn some of the history of Chania, as well as some of the traditions. These have produced a unique cultural legacy which is reflected in the local food culture.
Each place we stop has been carefully chosen not only because of the food, but also due to the passion of the people behind it. This is a Chania Crete family food tour where meeting the locals is an important part of gaining a deeper insight into the island cuisine.
Our guide will lead you through the backstreets to hidden cafes, markets, bakeries, and delicatessens only they seem to know about. Along the way, you can sample a range of specialties such as cheese, olives, and sweet pie. The kids will also love the ice-cream, and there are dozens of different flavors to try!
Our Chania Crete family food tour is ideal if you would like to combine sight-seeing along with the opportunity to taste the very best of the local cuisine. It is also the perfect way to meet the locals, and visit places only known to them. Our knowledgeable guides will accompany you all the way, pointing out the important landmarks of Chania, and introducing you and your kids to the very best Cretan delicacies and specialties.
At Chania we also offer an amazing family walking tour.
Families should know
- This is a three hour walking tour at a gentle pace all the family can enjoy
- You will be accompanied by a knowledgeable and passionate guide who is experienced in keeping kids engaged
- You will meet your tour guide at 10:00 am at Trimartiri (also called “Mitropoli”, the Orthodox Cathedral) on Patriarchou Athinagora square off Halidon street
- We would advise you to wear comfortable shoes, hats and sun lotion
- This is a small group food tour of Chania
Kids will love
- All the tasty food they will be encouraged to try
- How friendly everyone is
- The chance to find dozens of different flavours of ice-cream
Parents will love
- The great combination of history, tradition, and cuisine
- Being able to visit places only the locals know about
- The Cretan Raki
Best season to visit
49 € per adult 44 € per student 34 € per child (6-12) Children under 6: FREE
Share on Social Media