This Cretan Cookery Workshop is really something different. The meal is prepared using fresh and local ingredients and is enhanced by the fact that the number of participants is limited (between four and twelve maximum). A very personal feel to it is guaranteed, combined with a cooking in the most traditional way. Slowly in a wood fire!
But what makes it even more enjoyable is the fact that the hosts will be around you giving you all the tips about the local gastronomy.
It takes place in a farm surrounded by olive trees in the region of Apokoronas in western Crete. The atmosphere will heighten your ‘journey’ into the aromas and tastes of the traditional Cretan cuisine.
You will prepare and discuss some traditional Cretan dishes which are made of pure, fresh, local Cretan ingredients such as olive oil, vegetables, cheese, meat, wine, etc. Lots of useful information about the herbs, olive oil and other ingredients is given together with explanations about their nutritional value and ways of use.
After the meal is prepared and cooked – with your help of course – you will eat together enjoying the dishes you have created together with local wine, raki (the most famous local spirit in Crete) and of course good conversation.
This entertaining and informative Cretan Cookery Workshop will definitely offer you the opportunity to understand the authentic Cretan food philosophy in depth! And you little ones will have an amazing time getting to know the sweet habitants of the farm.
While in Chania, do not miss the opportunity to experience more family friendly activities and tours. Click here to find out further information.
Families should know
- The workshop lasts for about 4 hours and is suitable for families
- The woskshop takes place from April to November
- Participants are limited to 12. A private workshop can be arranged with a minimum of 4 full price participants
- Special dietary needs should be stated at the time of booking and we will accommodate the menu accordingly
Kids will love
- Helping with the preparation of the ingredients
- Exploring the olive farm and the sweet animals living there
Parents will love
- Learning new cooking skills
- The interaction and conversation during the meal
Best season to visit
Share on Social Media