CretAquarium offers 100 observation points where you can see more than 2,500 marine species displayed in 60 aquariums of different sizes.
Do not expect to find exotic fish with flashy colors. You will acquaint yourselves instead of Mediterranean marine life and meet majestic sharks, playful octopi, tiny seahorses, and enchanting jellyfish.
The deep blue of the Greek sea creates a serene and relaxed atmosphere. The huge tanks with sharks are always the most popular spots for all members of the family. In the ‘touch tanks’, the children can touch and get a closer look at marine invertebrates.
If you are a family of sea lovers do not waste any time, CretAquarium is waiting for you.
You can visit CretAquarium alone or we can arrange for you a visit with a marine biologist!
Families should know
- We would recommend visiting the aquarium during the week in order to avoid the crowds at the weekend
- Explanatory information in front of the different exhibits is provided only in Greek and English
- We would suggest going by car. Public transport stops quite far from the aquarium entrance. Walking from there can be unpleasant, especially during the summer months when temperatures are quite high
- Three big parking areas are available for visitors
Kids will love
- The ‘scary’ sharks
- The ‘touch tanks’
Parents will love
- The impressive documentary about the sea
- A refreshing coffee or a delicious snack at Thalasea snack bar with its view of the beach
Best season to visit