This Family Cooking Class in Mykonos is a fun activity that all the family will enjoy, and is much more than a simple cooking class. It is a fully immersive experience, that will introduce you to Greek culture, life, attitudes, and history, all mixed with a personal touch. Your host is a friendly local who will welcome you all as friends with some snacks and drinks, sharing stories about her family life and the history of the area.
After a while, you will have the chance to walk around the organic vegetable gardens, and learn more about organic farming in the area. These quality ingredients are essential to making the best tasting Greek dishes, and are part of the reason why the Mediterranean diet and Greek diet is so healthy.
The main focus of this Family Cooking Class in Mykonos is of course on the food! Your host will teach you how to prepare some traditional Greek foods such as tsatziki and spanakopita amongst other. This is a hands-on cooking class that the kids will love! Under the chef’s expert guidance, you will find it easy to create a series of delicious dishes.
The reward for all your hard work comes at the end, when you all sit down to enjoy the meal that you have created! Part of the joy of eating Greek cuisine is sharing it with others, and the atmosphere will be happy and relaxed. A perfect way to finish off an incredible day, and one that your family is likely to remember for many years to come!
Kids Love Greece offers a range of other tours and activities in Mykonos. For inspiration, you might want to look at our article Top 7 things to do in Mykonos. You might also want to consider a day-trip to the magnificent archaeological complex on Delos.
Families should know
- A fun, family activity based around food, conversation, and wider Greek culture
- Your host will be a friendly local who will share with you various culinary secrets combined with fascinating stories about her family life and history of the area
- 10:00 – 16:00 Day Class
- 16:00 – 22:00 Evening Class
Kids will love
- Discovering the different vegetables growing in the gardens
- Making their own Greek dishes
- Being encouraged to have fun in the kitchen as they cook
Parents will love
- Enjoying a unique cultural experience with thier kids
- Seeing how people live in Greece
- The occasional glass of raki or wine!
Best season to visit
Share on Social Media