Ice skating rink
You can find the ice skating rink just five kilometres from Arahova in Livadi, on your way up to Parnassos. It is an outdoor rink which is relatively big by Greek standards and is beautifully surrounded by snow and pines. You can see Mount Parnassos in the background.
You and your little fellows can ice skate or enjoy sled rides and there is even the possibility of ice skating lessons. If your little ones can keep awake for a bit longer in the evening it is really nice to see it at night time when it is lit up. Sometimes during the Christmas period there are festive celebrations with Christmas music which makes the skating even more inviting.
Whilst your children are having fun skating you might want to relax and enjoy the view of the mountain whilst enjoying a warm drink in the café close by. As you enjoy the warmth of the fireplace inside you might also want to order a bite to eat if you feel peckish.
If you’re wondering what to do next while you are in the area, have a look at our suggestion of ‘Arahova’ in the ‘Ideas for Excursion’ section.
Families should know
- Though the ice skating rink is really nice at night when lit up, remember it can get quite chilly in the evenings in Livadi so be sure to dress appropriately and wear scarves, gloves and hats
- The cafe and restaurant are Ok but don’t expect anything special
- Rent high quality baby & toddler travel gear such as car seats, strollers, baby carriers, trikes, booster seats through our partner My Baby in Greece for stress-free & fun family activities in Greece
Kids will love
- The Christmas music
- The ice skating and the sled rides
Parents will love
- Ice skating surrounded by pines and snow
- Watching their children having oodles of fun
Best season to visit
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!