Tersanas Beach is a small coastal village, approximately 13km away from the city of Chania. It is actually the port of Chorafakia village, located only 1km away from the beach.
The beach of Tersanas is small and sandy with shallow green-blue waters. Its distinctive characteristic is the small natural port that surrounds the beach and protects it from the wind. Rich plantation on the sand offer guests a cool shelter under their shade.
Tersanas is a well organised beach that offers everything a family with children needs so as to have fun. The small village is ideal for a relaxing family holiday next to the sea.
Families should know
- Tersanas is quite a popular beach for both locals and tourists. Due to its small size it gets easily crowded, especially over the weekends
- There is a canteen on the beach where you can grab a snack or a refreshment. Quite close to the beach there’s also a small tavern
- Really close to Tersanas beach you will find Macherida, a small isolated beach which is a pole of attraction mainly to nudists
Kids will love
- The endless games on the white sand
- Jumping into the beautiful sea
Parents will love
Reading a nice book under the shade of the trees while listening to the sound of the cicadas
Best season to visit
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!