Emotions Museum for Children and Teens
The museum uses interactive exhibitions, play, and fairytales, in order to encourage children and teenagers to discover their emotional world and to learn more about themselves and others. Both children and grown-ups get the chance to understand, examine and confront their emotions through games and exhibits.
The youngsters enjoy their experience, while the grown-ups gain awareness of how to encourage their children to express their emotions.
Every Saturday and Sunday at 13:00 the exhibit space is closed and workshops on various themes take place. These workshops involve the making of myths and fairy tales, workshops related to anger management, and workshops that combine storytelling and music as well as seasonal workshops. In the summer, there is a special program for foreign visitors in English.
Families should know
- The museum is open for foreign visitors on the weekend from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. A special English family program is held on weekdays in June, July, and September (phone reservation required)
- The museum is closed during August and bank holidays
- The museum is for children 5 years old and up
- It is obligatory for the children to be accompanied by an adult
- The workshops usually run for more than an hour
- The museum does not have any parking
- The building is not easily accessible by buggies and there is no elevator
- There is no café or restaurant
- For prompt information about the timetable and tickets please follow this link: www.mce.gr/en/the-museum/
Best season to visit
Find out the where to go and what to do in Greece with the family. Book with us for amazing family memories.
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!