Hellenic Cosmos Cultural Centre
Hellenic Cosmos Cultural Centre is located in a former industrial zone in between Athens and Piraeus. A place where the memory of Athens’ past meets the city’s modern identity.
The centre offers a multifunctional area where visitors experience Greek history and culture, cultural creation and expression. A wide range of activities are being organized suitably for people of all ages such as interactive exhibitions, Virtual Reality tours, educational programmes, films, conferences, theatrical performances and art events. Hellenic Cosmos makes use of state-of-the-art technology to provide a new way of presenting history via audiovisual and interactive media.
In Hellenic Cosmos Cultural Centre families can visit places and monuments that no longer exist such as Ancient Miletus or walk through Ancient Olympia. Kids will love this opportunity to travel back in time via virtual reality.
There is a museum shop with art objects, books related to history, maps and gifts. In the kids’ corner, you can find (Greek language) books related to history and mythology as well as gifts and toys.
Families should know
- In August, the Hellenic Cosmos Cultural Centre is closed
- There are different opening hours in summer and wintertime
- The centre is easy to reach from the central Pireos Avenue and has a large free underground parking area
- For prompt information about the timetable and tickets please follow this link: www.hellenic-cosmos.gr
- Rent high-quality baby & toddler travel gear such as car seats, strollers and baby carriers through Baby Traveller, the new family service provider in Greece
Best season to visit
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!