Chrysofyllis – Agios Nikolaos
Just a few metres away from the square (Kitroplateia) and just above the sea, you will find the taverna Chrysofyllis. You will immediately be enarmoured with the taverna with its charming rustic feel, and we are certain you will be smitten even further once you have tried the food.
The distinctive flavours of Cretan cuisine unfold one by one … snails, apaki (smoked pork), seasonal vegetables, baked lamb, and numerous other traditional dishes which are all cooked to perfection. Don’t hesitate to try the more unusual dishes as they are truly exceptional.
The staff are very polite while value for money in relation to the quality of the food is exceptionally high.
Chrysofyllis is located by Pangalou Beach, one of the most beautiful parts of the town.
- Tavern - Restaurant
Families should know
- The restaurant is very popular with local families, especially on Sundays
- The music may be a little loud
- ‘Cold’ dishes may not be quite as good as the hot dishes
- Rent high quality baby & toddler equipment such as booster seats and strollers through our partner My Baby in Greece for stress-free and enjoyable family meals in Greece
Kids will love
- The decor and the bike hanging on the ladder
- Playing on the promenade in front of the taverna
Parents will love
- Delicious ‘mezes’ (tapas style appetizers)
- Excellent white house wine
- The ‘raki’ (local spirit) as a courtesy to all customers
Best season to visit
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!