Naxos Food & Drink
One of the oldest established restaurants of the island. If you like home cooking then you should definitely try this taverna in Naxos town.
If you visit the beautiful island of Naxos don’t leave without going to Maro’s Taverna in Protodikio Square. You’ll find delicious homemade food at a reasonable price.
This picturesque taverna is simple with a cosy and welcoming ambience. The food is made from fresh local ingredients which is what makes the taverna special.
There is a great choice on the menu but don’t be tempted to over order as portions are quite generous. Definitely wash down your food with homemade wine from the mountains of Naxos.
- Drunk pork (pork cooked in wine with crème fraise sauce)
- ‘Rosto’ pork (pork cooked in wine with tomato sauce)
- Pie of the day
- ‘Saganaki’ from Naxos (fried cheese)
- ‘Pastitsio’ with spinach (pastitsio is a typical Greek food)
- Aubergine croquettes
Families should know
- The taverna is popular so you may have to wait if you want a big table
- It is located near the town’s main road and the noise from the motorbikes can be a bit off putting
- Rent high quality baby & toddler equipment such as booster seats and strollers through our partner My Baby in Greece for stress-free and enjoyable family meals in Greece