Greek Mythology Tour on Wheels: A Scenic Drive in Naxos
Greek mythology will be brought to life as you’ve never known before on this half-day tour of the stunning island of Naxos. Discover the rural hinterland of this fascinating and alluring island with all the family, and let the magic of Greek mythology take you over.
The first stop is Melanes, where you will visit the colossal 7th-century statue of Kouros, towering over you at 6 meters high. Eclipsed by the peaceful shadow of the Kouros, you and your family can discuss the origins and stories of Greek mythology.
A local pottery workshop is a next stop, where you will have the privilege of seeing a live demonstration by a local potter. Feel free to ask the potter any questions you have and use this opportunity to learn all you can about the art of pottery.
The kids are destined to love the next stop on the tour: a donkey farm! Go ahead and play with the animals, feed and pet them. Here you’ll also learn the interesting history of the most famous Greek equine, as well as an education on Greek medicinal plants and their ancient healing properties. Following this will be a fun game of darts for the family.
Chalki makes the last stop on the tour; an attractive historical village that used to be the capital of Naxos. You and your family will be invited to take a short walk in an olive grove, as well as visit a local olive oil shop and enjoy a rather delicious honey-tasting experience.
Families should know
- You can start anytime you prefer. We always suggest families to start tours either early in the morning or early in the afternoon to avoid the high temperatures of midday
- This mythology tour includes specially designed (hands-on) activities for your children
- The tour is suitable for all ages
- The tour isn’t available on Tuesdays, as the archaeological sites are closed
- It is recommended that you bring a water bottle and wear comfortable shoes
- You will have lunch at a quaint tavern, with a lesson on the relationship between mythology and local products
- If you wish we can add a visit to the old citron liquor distillery
Best season to visit
Find out the where to go and what to do in Greece with the family. Book with us for amazing family memories.
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!