Tips for family friendly holidays in Mykonos
Follow our Tips for family friendly holidays in Mykonos and enjoy this amazing island in Cyclades.
Families Should Know
- Siesta time in between 3-5 pm in Mykonos, and many stores might be closed during this time.
- Be prepared to pay a high price for sunbeds/ umbrellas, but even worse, you might see the sign “reserved” on some of them.
- Head to the beach early or very late so that you will not be disappointed.
Recommendations by locals
- For frozen yogurt, go to Yogurt Berry
- The favourite Greek souvlaki in Mykonos is Pontus (Οβελιστήριον ο Πόντος)
- Mamalouka is the favourite Greek restaurant of the locals with Mediterranean and Greek cuisine. There is a lovely garden too.
- Ftelia Beach Club has a nice beach restaurant with sea views
- If you find yourself near the airport, stop at the beautiful Flora Supermarket.
- For horseback riding with professional riding instructors, there is a school located in Ano Mera.
For things to see and do in Mykonos with kids, click here.
Best season to visit
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!