Customized Mythology Tours to the Peloponnese
- What is included
- Why book with us
Do you love Greek mythology and would you like to visit some of the most important archaeological sites in the Greek Peloponnese?
For families who are looking for flexibility during their vacation and who want to create their own customized mythology experience to the Peloponnese, we have created the Design-Your-Own flexible Mythology Tour concept.
Create your own itinerary and discover Greece through mythology by combining these tour options in a way that works best for your family. Visit Epidaurus, Olympia or Corinth and follow the Greek gods on your journey to discover the best of the Ancient world at your own pace!
- Private guided tours to all the archaeological sites
- An English speaking licensed family-friendly guide
- All transfers
- A flexible mythology itinerary is a great way for your family to experience Greece at your own pace. Kids who know more about mythology have an extra dimension added to their Greek vacation, and adults appreciate the engaging way our guides present the various archaeological sites and activities.
- We have hand-picked family-friendly guides trained in Greek mythology. But even if you are not very familiar with all the Greek gods, our tours are great for families who are looking for a private, authentic, and meaningful experience to explore Greece.
- We can fully customize your private trip and adjust it to the ages of your kids. Sometimes the fixed tour dates just won’t fit into a busy schedule the way you’d like. With a private tour schedule, you can schedule your vacation for when it works best for you.
Peloponnese Mythology Tours
- Mythology Tour of Ancient Corinth and Epidaurus
- Mythology Tour of Olympia
- Mythology Tour of Mycenae
The first highlight of this Tour of Ancient Corinth and Epidaurus is the impressive Corinth Canal, a famous narrow land bridge that connects the Peloponnese with the rest of the mainland of Greece. After a stop for great photos, the tour heads towards Ancient Corinth.
Mythology lovers will appreciate Ancient Corinth, the most important city-state in antiquity. Our guide will show you around the site and tell you more about the mythology and legends attached to the area.
At Ancient Corinth, you will also visit the Temple of God Apollo and the Archaeological Museum of Corinth. Kids will love to watch their favorite gods as impressive statues and listen to fascinating stories by our expert guide.
Before leaving Corinth, you will also have a chance to visit the Acrocorinth. This is an imposing fortress at the top of the hill with amazing views. There is also the Temple of Aphrodite.
In the afternoon, we will continue our mythological journey to Epidaurus, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Epidaurus is considered the first hospital in the world because it was a healing sanctuary in Ancient Greece. Together with your specialized mythology guide, you will visit the Ancient Theatre, the Temples of Artemis and Asclepios, as well as other ancient monuments, sports and hospital facilities.
Epidaurus is also famous for its ancient theatre, the best-preserved in Greece. It is world-famous for its acoustics. Your kids can test the sound of the Epidaurus Theatre by climbing up the highest stone stairs at the top and drop a coin. It is said that the acoustics of the theatre allow for a coin to be heard from the highest seat!
Join our Mythology Tour of Olympia and visit the birthplace of the Olympic Games!
A must-visit for families who love mythology is a visit to Olympia. Here you will learn how the Greek city-states held truces which prevented them from going to war at the times of the Olympic Games. This meant that athletes could travel to Olympia in safety. You will also find out how they honored the Olympian gods and listen to stories from mythology.
You will have a chance to see where the famous Statue of Zeus, one of the 7 Wonders of the World was placed. The statue does no longer exists but parts of the temple have remained. Other statues that have survived from the temple are displayed in the on-site museum. Here you will also learn more about the history of the Olympic Games.
Do you want to create your own family Olympic Games? Race against each other on the track that was used thousands of years ago and feel like a true Olympian!
Mycenae was one of the most important Greek city-states of the ancient world. It is mentioned in many myths and legends and famous for King Agamemnon who is known for his role in the war against Troy.
During your guided Tour of Mycenae at this UNESCO World Heritage Site, you will learn more about the myths and legends associated with it and explore the ancient ruins of this once powerful city. Kids will love learning more about Greek mythology through interactive games and other activities throughout the day here.
The archaeological site of Mycenae is a great example of the impressive architecture of the Mycenaeans. During this tour, your family will have a better understanding of the Mycenaean civilization which is one of the greatest in Europe!
If you want to visit the Peloponnese and you love mythology, don’t hesitate to contact us today and find out how you can create your customized Peloponnese flexible Mythology Tour. The Kids Love Greece possibilities are endless. We will be more than happy to assist you in creating the most memorable flexible Mythology experience in Greece!
Best season to visit
Find out the where to go and what to do in Greece with the family. Book with us for amazing family memories.
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!
We would like to organise a tour for 8 adults and 4 teenager boys. We would like to enquire whether you could organise a 1-day trip (timeframe around 20-23 Oct 2020) for us while we’re in Athens. In the trip, we preferably would like to include:
1. Acropolis where we could visit Parthenon and have an app to take a look at how the ancient ruin used to look like;
2. Amphitheatre/ ancient theatre where were could drop a coin to experience the amphitheatre effect;
3. Epidaurus (UNESCO site) where we can view the first hospital and preferably hear some stories on Hippocrates;
4. Mount Olympia to see the site in which sports/marathon started.
It would also be ideal if you could insert some Greek mythologies, where it’s relevant.
Separately, could you also quote us for a night astrology tour, if you happen to do that too.
Do let us know pricing and any feedback please.
Thanks and regards,
Thank you for your message. It will be our absolute pleasure to organize those day trips for us. Maria will contact you via email.
Have a nice day.
On behalf of the Kids Love Greece team