Visit Mycenae – Nafplio
You’ve probably heard a lot about the Mycenaean civilization. Along with the Minoan civilization, it ranks among the greatest civilizations of Europe. While you’re in Athens, don’t miss the opportunity to visit the ancient site of mythical Argolis.
Mycenae may be roughly 140 kilometers away from the capital, but it’s certainly worth the drive. You’ll be in great company with our tour guide experienced in families. The whole tour will be tailored to your interests, fully capable to keep the kids focused.
The moment you arrive at the Mycenae archaeological site, you’ll be blown away by the magnificent Lion Gate and its enormous relief sculpture. The waiting line for selfies here is long – be patient.
The rest of the site really shows off the impressive architecture of the Mycenaeans. Trust us – your children will be captivated with every step of the tour, which is specially designed for youngsters, and entertaining for everyone.
After you leave the archaeological site, you head to the nearby city of Nafplion. Many consider it to be one of the most romantic cities in the entire country. Our family-friendly guide will show you the beautiful highlights of the city. Enjoy a leisurely stroll through the old alleyways, and explore every hidden corner of Nafplion.
Families should know
- Wear comfortable shoes, as the archaeological site can get very slippery
- This day trip starts from Athens at 08:00 am and lasts about 11 hours
- Available every Monday – Wednesday – Friday
- You’ll want to avoid taking this trip when the weather is extremely hot (for example, in the middle of summer)
- The tour is available in English and Greek
- The trip includes a visit to the museum inside the archaeological site of Mycenae
Best season to visit
Find out the where to go and what to do in Greece with the family. Book with us for amazing family memories.
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!