Family Road Trip Adventure in Milos
The Greek island of Milos is something of a hidden secret. In their rush to see Santorini and Mykonos, tourists seem to pass Milos by, and that’s a great thing! It means the island has retained its unique charms, its authenticity, and its untouched nature. The wild landscape just begs to be explored, and there’s no better way to do so than by taking our 4×4 Milos Road Trip adventure. We propose the following options.
Customized 4×4 Tour of Milos
Create your own customized 4×4 Tour of Milos. Your driver will be a knowledgeable expert local who knows all the best places to see. The whole family will enjoy the sense of adventure as you meet the driver and then plan out the day’s activities. Perhaps you want to visit a traditional village, or swim on as many beaches as you can in one day? Would you like to see a monastery or explore the catacombs of Milos? You can decide on the day which activities you would prefer, and then our driver will plan the best route and take you there.
Things to see and do in Milos
Even though Milos is quite a small island, there is a lot to see and do when there! Here are just some of the highlights you could include on your family 4×4 road trip adventure!
- Archaeological sites and museums – Fylakopi, which was one of the most important settlements in the Cyclades, the ancient city of Klima, the early Christian catacombs, Archaeological museum, Folklore and Historical Museum, Museum of Minerals.
- Beaches – There’s over 70 beaches to choose from, some of which are more suitable for families with younger kids, some which are great for swimming and snorkelling. Your driver will be able to recommend some great ones based on your needs.
- Natural Wonders – The landscape of Milos is a fascinating one, and sometimes you could imagine it as the set for a science fiction film! Cape Vani, in particular, is not to be missed with its unique rock formations.
- Caves – Dozens, if not hundreds of caves of varying sizes are scattered all over the island. In the past, some sheltered pirates, whilst in others, Christians carried out their worship in secret. The cave of Papafragka and the cave of Vromolimni are worthy additions to your Milos 4×4 road trip adventure.
- Traditional villages – The coastal settlements with their peculiar architecture and colours should also be visited. Whilst the main ones are in Klima, there are many more in Skinopi, Areti, Fourkovouni, and Fyropotamos. Your driver will easily be able to include a visit to one or more during your road trip around Milos.
Tour of Milos Archaeological and Cultural Experience
This Half Day archaeological and cultural experience shows you the history, local culture and the traditions of Milos. It includes visits to the ancient theatre of Milos, the area where the famous statue of Venus of Milos was discovered, the catacombs of Milos, a scenic fisherman’s village, Plaka or the capital of Milos with its Folklore and Archaeological Museum, the famous Mandrakia fisherman’s village and Sarakiniko beach.
If you cannot get enough of the beautiful island of Milos and your family wants to see as much as possible, we recommend extending the tour to a Full Day. Included in the Full-Day option is a visit to Alogomandra beach, the prehistoric city of Fylakopi, a vineyard, and winery of the island and to Pollonia, and a small traditional village.
Interested in finding out more?
Contact the Kids Love Greece team today, and we will happily help plan your trip to Milos along with your road trip adventure.
Families should know
- Full customizable trip in a luxurious 4×4 VAN or SUV
- This tour is the best way to see the highlights of Milos
- Professional, friendly local driver with child car seat available
- Included in the tour is the pickup/drop off, a minibar with soft drinks and water, snacks and maps
- Lunch is not included in the tour but there are options with an extra charge at Pollonia village
- The entrance to the museums and archaeological sights and the entrance and tasting at the winery are not included
Kids will love
- The sense of adventure as they are driven over rough, unsealed roads to remote parts of the island
- Swimming in the clear sea
- Seeing the catacombs and exploring caves
Parents will love
- Seeing the pretty traditional villages
- An off the beaten path tour
- Being able to customize the route
Best season to visit