Hunt for Heroes – Athens walking tour for families
Do you want to meet the mythological and legendary figures of Athens? Join this exciting Hunt for Heroes: Athens Walking Tour for Families right in the very heart of the Greek capital. The tour is ideal for those who want to explore the city on foot, have limited time (only 2.5 hours), and love Greek mythology and storytelling.
During this adventurous and fun private family Athens walking tour for kids into ancient Athens, you will get a unique look into the lives of those who left a mark in the city. Come with us on a journey where we enter a world of cultural and mythical characters who have made Athens what it is today! We will learn more about the heroes of ancient, Roman, and modern Greece!
Together with your state-licensed family expert guide, this 2.5-hour Athens private walking tour takes you along world-famous archaeological sites such as the Temple of Hephaestus, the Acropolis, the Ancient Agora, the Library of Hadrian, and the magnificent green Pnyx as well as through the maze of picturesque Anafiotika. You will learn more about the founders of Athens and meet the most important persons, gods, and heroes from mythology and history. You set the pace and can ask as many questions as you like. Discover famous and mysterious persona while immersing yourself in the history of myths and legends.
There is also time to explore the green side of Athens where kids and parents will enjoy nature, mysterious forests and the best views on the Acropolis and Athens with a sea view!
Families should know
- This private tour is operated by a family-friendly state-licensed guide
- The private tour can be adjusted to the children’s ages
- The tour duration is 2.5 hours
- The tour starts at the Acropolis metro station
- This tour does not take you inside the archaeological sites such as the Acropolis
- If your hotel is located near the starting point, will pick you up from there
- All families will receive a gift
- This walking tour combines Athenian monuments with storytelling
Best season to visit
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!