Private Pottery workshop for Families
Pottery is deeply rooted in Cretan culture and tradition. Minoan pottery in particular shows how a peaceful, prosperous society can inspire one to transform clay into magnificent pieces of art.
Try a pottery workshop during your stay in Crete and bring your family closer to the fascinating art of clay.
A local crafts-person will guide you through the city workshops and explain the process of creating pots and vases and the history of pottery on the island. Finally, you will have the chance to play with clay, and try creating your very own pottery object. If you’ve never tried pottery before, this activity will be a memorable experience, and the kids will absolutely love it!
Both you and your kids will be given the chance to bond while creatively working together as well as express yourselves in an artistic way.
Be an ancient potter for a day and create your very own ceramic artifact!
The pottery workshop is based in Heraklion, but we can help you find pottery workshops near your location in Crete. Please contact us and ask for suggestions!
Families should know
- No prior experience or knowledge related to pottery is necessary
- Casual clothes are highly recommended
- The workshop is suitable for all ages
Kids will love
- Listening to fascinating myths and stories
- Sitting on a potter’s wheel
- Painting their creations
- Talking about their choice and whole experience
Parents will love
- Learning about the art of clay
- Creating their own masterpieces
- Working creatively with their kids
Best season to visit
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!