Avra Imperial Hotel
A brand new modern hotel that stands out because of its aesthetics and attractive decor. Built next to the beach, the facilities and the rooms will definitely impress both your children and yourselves.
Avra Imperial opened its doors to the public in 2012. The decor is luxurious, with great attention to detail, but is also tastefully understated and elegant. The majestic yet simple reception gives a very good first impression.
The simple family rooms are nicely decorated, although they are not as spacious as other five star hotels. If you have the budget and prefer the more expensive rooms, these guarantee good value for money.
The central restaurant has a luxurious buffet including breakfast, lunch and dinner, all made with traditional Cretan ingredients. Also, you should definitely visit the spa if you are in need of a relaxing and rejuvenating experience – all basic services are free and the spa is open from the morning to the afternoon.
The huge central children’s pool with see-through glass walls is stunning and innovative. The weekly animation programme starting from very early in the morning until late at night will entertain the young guests and keep their interest throughout their stay.
Families with young children are very welcome at the Avra Imperial as the hotel is very proactive when it comes to children’s needs. The hotel has 19 elevators for easy access to all rooms, while the main restaurant has a children’s corner, children’s menu and fresh juices. The Mini Club is fenced and has a covered children’s pool to avoid direct exposure to the sun. Baby cots are free of charge and in rooms where there is a shared pool there is a gate for maximum child safety.
Families should know
- The beach in front of the hotel is pebbly. If your children prefer the sand, you will need to go to other beaches in the nearby area
- The Italian restaurant does not have the variety that you may expect to find at an a la carte five star restaurant.
- As well as the parking space at the central entry, there is a free and supervised underground parking. However, you can only access this with your room key
- Rent high quality baby and toddler equipment such as baby monitors, bottle & food warmers, bouncing chairs, play gyms, baby baths and travel cots through our partner My Baby in Greece
- Animation programme during the day
- Mini disco and activities during the night organised by the mini club