Grecotel Cape Sounio
Just 10 miles south of Athens, on the Athens Riviera, Grecotel Cape Sounio is the ideal luxury seafront resort for families who want to visit Athens but do not want to stay inside the city.
Grecotel Cape Sounio is famous for its island feel, natural beauty and its views over the important ancient Temple of Poseidon, one of the most celebrated archaeological sites in Europe. Summer villas, open-air taverns and pretty bays are almost hidden from sight in the lush vegetation of the Sounio National Park.
The location is unique and will truly enchant all lovers of Ancient Greece. The resort’s beaches in the sandy bays are similar to any beach in the Greek islands.
Grecotel Cape Sounio offers a total of 150 elegant suites, bungalows and spacious villas, many with private pools and unique views to the sea and temple.
Parents will love the seawater pools with whirlpool while kids will love the children’s pool and Grecoland with its Discovery Adventures.
The resort also hosts several unique restaurants that offer – amongst other- fine dining of Greco-French gourmet cuisine and Asian fusion delicacies. There is also a waterfront jetty restaurant, and an Aegean Grill at the poolside. The hotel uses organic produce from Grecotel’s own Agreco Farm.
Inside the resort, parents can relax at the extravagant glass-walled indoor pool with cannons, bubble seats, nozzles and shower jet or enjoy an Ayurveda treatment at the open-air Elixir Spa Retreat.
Other facilities at this top-notch Athenian Riviera resort are the sport facilities including tennis courts 5×5 mini soccer, private yachting, guest portal services, helicopter services and transfers from and to the airport. In the summer, Valencia Soccer School classes are offered to football-loving kids.
Families who like travelling “first-class” will find everything they need at Grecotel Cape Sounio. They will discover a plethora of family activities, dining options, relaxing treatments, exclusive privileges and many more!
Families should know
- The resort is quite isolated making it a perfect place to relax (but in proximity to Athens)
- There is a doctor on call 24 hours
- To visit Athens and the surrounding area, we recommend you to rent a car
- All rooms are accessible by golf carts, but we recommend the rooms near the pool and the Greco Club for families with young kids
- Rent high quality baby and toddler equipment such as baby monitors, bottle & food warmers, bouncing chairs, play gyms, baby baths and travel cots through our partner Baby Traveller.
Kids will love
- The Grecoland Kids Club
- The Tasty Corner
- Playing at the pools
Parents will love
- Being close to Athens but still experiencing an island feel
- The Elixir Spa
- The view on the ancient Temple of Poseidon
Best season to visit
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!