Athens Mythology Tour for Families
Who said that visiting archaeological sites with your family is not fun? Join this kid-friendly Mythology Tour and discover the best of Athens
Athens is a city full of ancient treasures. However, all parents are aware that visiting archaeological sites with kids could be a real challenge. ‘Athens Mythology tour’ for families combines in a unique way all the historic facts behind each of the city’s world famous monuments and the fascinating myths surrounding them. In other words, it is your passport to an unforgettable family journey into Athens’ major landmarks!
Together with an expert licensed guide, specializing in Greek mythology, you will visit some of the most important archaeological sites of Athens including the Acropolis, the Temple of Olympian Zeus, the Ancient Agora and the Temple of Hephaestus. You will be also given the chance to discover marvelous hidden ancient corners, rarely visited by tourist, such as Keramikos Cemetary.
Your kids will be simply fascinated by all the exciting myths related to the 12 Olympians and brave mythological heroes, while at the same time, your guide will help all of you unveil what really lies behind each of these myths.
Listening to the story of Athens, from its rise and the Golden Age to its downfall after the Spartan war, is the ideal way for you and your kids to feel the pulse of the ancient Greek society and understand what made Athens one of the greatest cities of the world.
Join ‘Athens Mythology Tour’ and experience a family walking tour that really goes beyond the ordinary!
Families should know
- It starts daily at 09:00 am and its duration is 4 hours . Walking pace: easy
- It is suitable for all ages. Highly recommended for families with kids and teenagers
- It is run by an English or French speaking licensed guide, with specialization in Greek mythology. It could be also offered in other languages upon request
- Athens can be hot, especially during summer months. Make sure you bring some sun lotion, hats as well as suitable footwear
- Though there are plenty of kiosks along the way, it is recommended that you bring a water bottle, juices and snacks
- Maximum group size: 12 participants
- This is a group activity but private options for families are also available upon request