Attica Zoo Park
There is nothing better than spending the day with your children at the largest zoo in Greece.
First of all do not forget to pick up a map of the park at the entrance as it will help you immensely during your tour. Beautiful animals from all over the world will enchant and impress the whole family as well as leave you with unique memories.
Attica Zoo Park has more than 350 animal species, and half of these species are endangered. As well as the exotic animals, a section of the park is dedicated to Greek fauna, where the brown bear is the stand-out attraction. Bird lovers will enjoy watching the many different kinds of birds. In the past Attica Zoo Park used to function as an Ornithological Park which had the third biggest collection of birds in the world.
Giraffes, zebras, antelopes, pink flamingos, jaguars, penguins, hippos, rhinos, camels … these are all amongst the incredible assortment of animals waiting for you. Try not to miss the Komodo dragons and the anteaters. One of the highlights of the park is the playful sea elephants and the fascinating dolphin show at the pool.
Families should know
- On Sundays, provided that the weather is good, the place can get crowded, especially during the peak hours of 11:00 a.m. – 14:00 p.m. which means that waiting time to get in can be more than 30 min. To avoid the hassle it is advised that you schedule your arrival at the park a bit earlier or later, or prebuy the tickets on-line
- There is not much shade at the park other than the cafeteria and the area for picnicking so it makes sense to avoid visiting the park around noon, especially in the summer
- The animals are more active either early in the morning or late in the afternoon
- While the park is open for children of any age, it is not recommended that you bring babies due to the lack of shade during the summer
- It is advised that you pack hats and suncream, especially for your children during the hot summer days
- There are facilities for disabled people at the park
- In the cafeteria there is no hot food on offer, only snacks
- Picnic benches
- Changing table in the cafeteria restroom
- Non smoking space inside the cafeteria
- Children’s yoghurts and ice-creams
- High chairs in the cafeteria
- The new i-Phone app that makes navigating the park easier. On-line shopping for tickets will save you time on weekends and the Facebook page with news and offers is also very useful. I-phone app, Facebook, Website