Lake Vouliagmeni will truly surprise your family. The lake is recognized as a wonder of nature because of its unique appearance and the surroundings.
It is also known for its thermal springs, healing benefits and mythical history. Due to its biodiversity it is declared a Natural Heritage Site and a protected area. The lake is surrounded by beach chairs and umbrellas and there is a cafe-bar-restaurant that serves excellent food. There is a shaded playground with toys for young children near the restaurant tables. The lake is fine for children who master swimming because it is deep and it is not possible to touch the bottom. The generous fish of the lake are might even give you a free fish spa!
At Lake Vouliagmeni Spa you can participate in yoga, aqua aerobics or just take a relaxing massage. You can also hike or cycle around the lake and admire beautiful views or visit the nearby Faskomilia Hill or Hill of Sage. We leave it to you to decide!
A Day in the Athens Riviera
A visit to Lake Vouliagmeni can be part of your family day trip from Athens with Kids Love Greece. The Athens Riviera is full of treasures, and we combined them for you. Besides Lake Vouliagmeni, your kids will love visiting the nearby Archelon Turtle Protection Center and see the cute sea turtles up close. The Athens Riviera family day trip also includes a visit to the majestic Temple of Poseidon at Cape Sounio. Kids will love the myths of the ancients ruins and parents will enjoy the sunset at this Southernmost tip of the Attica peninsula.
Families should know
- You should know that the restaurant serves a children’s menu
- There is an entrance fee if you want to swim in the lake
- There are life guards supervising the lake
- For prompt information about the timetable and tickets please follow this link: www.limnivouliagmenis.gr/en
- Rent baby & toddler equipment such as car seats, strollers and baby carriers, through the new Greek family service provider Baby Traveller
Kids will love
- The playground underneath the green pine trees
- Spotting the fish in the lake
- The desserts on the children’s menu – the ice cream in particular
Parents will love
- The lake, the lake…ah, and the lake
- A relaxing massage
- Cycling to the Hill of the Sage
Best season to visit
Share on Social Media