The Palace of Knossos 3D app – A unique guiding tool for Families
The ultimate touring gadget for families visiting Crete! Open a virtual window to the Minoan civilization and spend an unforgettable time with your family at the glorious Palace of Knossos!
Paying a visit to the world famous Palace of Knossos is simply a must for every traveler visiting Crete. But what would you say if you and your kids were given the opportunity to open a virtual door and enter the fascinating world of the glorious Minoan civilization? The Knossos 3D app is your ticket to a magical time traveling adventure back in the Minoan era!
Our trusted partners will provide you with a tablet, loaded with an augmented and virtual reality app about the Palace of Knossos. The technology incorporated on the tablets is a mixture of the real time camera’s video and many different virtual elements and information (sound, video, graphics or GPS data). While moving your tablet around, up and down, you will be able to visualize even the small details of this glorious palace as it used to be thousands of years ago. This amazing touring gadget will allow you to open virtual doors and find your selves inside rooms that are not open to the public such as the famous Throne Room or the Queen’s Chamber.
The animations applied on Knossos 3D app will simply enchant your kids! They will even be able to watch the fascinating sport of ‘taurokathapsia’ during which a young Minoan jumps and grabs the horns of a bull. Isn’t that amazing?
The combination of Knossos 3D app with a live tour guide will transform your family visit to the Palace of Knossos into an unforgettable time traveling experience!
As for your kids, do not forget to download the Kids Love Knossos app! Offering them the opportunity to listen to all the fascinating Greek mythology tales such as Theseus and the Minotaur and Icarus and Daedalous, narrated by Glaucus a young Minoan boy, is the best gift you could give them prior to your visit to this amazing archaeological site.
Families should know
- Combining the Knossos 3D app with a family guided tour is strongly recommended since it will maximize your visit to the archaeological site
- The Kids Love Knossos app is the best way for you to prepare your kids for your visit to the Palace of Knossos
- The tablets are available for rent to all visitors of the Palace of Knossos
- You need to book your tablet(s) prior to your visit to the Palace of Knossos
- A representative of our trusted partners will be waiting for you at the entrance of the archaeological site so as to hand you over the tablet(s) and collect them at the end of your visit
- The menu of the Knossos 3D app is in English
- You are free to select the number of tablets you wish to book irrespective of the number of your family’s members
- The reconstruction of the temples and status is purely based on scientific studies and archaeological evidences
- Attending ‘The Myths of Knossos”, a theatrical play for families, would be a great idea after your visit to the archaeological site