Private Food Tour for Families, an ultimate culinary experience
Escape the crowds, unfold the secrets of the Greek cuisine, learn about the history of Greek food and taste the best of what Athens has to offer! After all, what better way to explore Athens with your family than to eat your way through it?
This Private Food Tour for Families is your ticket to one of the most delicious experiences of your lifetime! Join us and discover, together with your family, the magic of the Greek cuisine in one the most vivid cities of Europe.
Your 3-hour culinary trip will start from Syntagma Square where you will meet with a local foodie guide. Your knowledgeable guide will walk with you through some of the most beautiful, non-touristic, neighborhoods of Athens and share many interesting insights about the enduring history of Greek gastronomy and the unique local culture. Your kids will be fascinated by listening to all the stories about the culinary traditions of Greece and understand how the Greek food culture has evolved throughout the years.
Feeling hungry already? Get ready to start your day with a traditional stuffed phyllo (flaky pastry) pie from a family-run place operating in Athens since the 20’s. And this is just the beginning…! Your food expert will help you discover various hidden culinary gems inside the city that only locals know about. During this Private Food Tour for Families you will be delighted to meet many different food and pastry shops, off the beaten path taverns and cozy traditional restaurants.
A visit to the Central Food Market of Athens is also a must. The colorful and vivid atmosphere of the Central Food Market will stimulate all your senses while your kids will genuinely enjoy socializing with the local vendors and getting a small taste of the real Greek temperament.
Still wondering what makes this Private Food Tour for Families really stand out?
- The invaluable company of a local food expert!
As for your kids, we guarantee you that your experienced guide will manage to keep their interest undiminished throughout the tour. Various fascinating narrations about the Greek food and its secret recipes followed by tricky questions will generate many fruitful conversations among your little ones!
You will learn many interesting information about the different fresh and pure Greek produce, you will discover the peculiar local spices and their different uses and at the end of the day you will have experienced firsthand what really makes the Greek cuisine so special.
He will help you get a good grip of the Greek food tradition and understand why food holds such a conspicuous place in Greek culture.
- This Private Food Tour for Families is not just about sampling mouthfuls!
On the contrary, it is an ultimate gastronomic experience during which you and your family will be given the opportunity to savor various different delicious dishes.
Trust us, you will feel your taste buds tingling while tasting among others the famous Greek ‘gemista’ (stuffed vegetables), pastourma, feta cheese and Greek rice pudding.
Your kids will be absolutely thrilled with the dessert of the winners of the ancient Olympic Games!
Join us with your family on this magical culinary trip and get an original taste of the Greek food heaven. All you need to do is come hungry!
Families should know
- This tour is not just another Food Tour in Athens. It is a complete gastronomic experience from the whole family!
- It is offered on a private basis and its duration is 3 hours
- The tour combines in a perfectly balanced way learning with fun for all family members
- You will be given the opportunity to taste various different traditional Greek dishes; from traditional pies to cold cuts to stuffed tomatoes to loukoumades
- You will visit various off the beaten path taverns, cozy traditional restaurants and pastry shops as well as the Central Food Market of Athens
- An English speaking local food expert, with great experience with kids, will be your guide throughout the tour
- Meeting point: Syntagma Square
- Starts at 10:00 am (suggested time)
- The specific tour is also available in Spanish upon request
- If the hotel you are staying is located at a walking distance from Syntagma Square our guide could arrange to meet you at your hotel