Even if you only have limited time in Athens you simply mustn’t leave without seeing one of the most important heritage sites in the world, namely the Acropolis. Also, a visit to the new Acropolis Museum is the best way conclude this tour as all the facts will gel together to help you and the family master your understanding of this wonderful history. In a few words the Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum Group Tour is a must do family activity while visiting Athens.
The question is, how can we make this visit as kid friendly as possible? Well, the good news is we have the answer for you!
Quick facts about The Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum Group Tour
Take advantage of this kid friendly tour to the Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum and learn in depth about the birthplace of democracy, the daily life of ancient Athenians, their interesting ceremonies, and all the mythology that goes along with it.
We guarantee that the specially trained guides will also make it interesting for your little fellows. The tour is designed to be told in an interactive story telling way, keeping to the most important facts, so everyone can enjoy the tour.
Duration: 3 hours (including walking time of approx. 40mins)
The Tour – step by step
Our guide will meet you at the ‘FRESKO’ Yogurt Bar located on 3, Dionyssiou Areopagitou St. and is at the beginning of the pedestrian walk way that takes you from Hadrian’s Arch to the Acropolis by the ‘Alpha Bank’ at the junction of Amalia Ave and Dionyssiou Areopagitou.
The Acropolis will definitely impress you with its rich history and impressive temples. As you walk up the Acropolis hill you will learn bit by bit why this monument is considered to be one of the most important in the world.
If you want to learn all the details of the Acropolis Tour, just click here.
At the Acropolis Museum you will see artifacts from the sanctuary of Nymphe, sculptures from the sanctuary of the pediment of the first temple of Goddess Athena, and exhibits from various historical periods such as the Mycenaean and the Geometrical periods. But enough said … if you are intrested to learn more about this brand new museum, just click here.
A hidden gem of this tour
According to mythology, Goddess Athina and Poseidon fought over Athens, each offering unique gifts to the citizens. After harsh negotiations, Goddess Athina won and the city was named after her.
Want to have a complete knowledge of the Acropolis but give your children the chance to enjoy it as well? Join this tour by pressing on the booking button below :)
Families should know
- The exact meeting point is at the beginning of the pedestrian walk way that takes you from Hadrian’s Arch to the Acropolis by the ‘Alpha Bank’ at the junction of Amalia Ave and Dionyssiou Areopagitou
- Upon request there is possibility for a Private Family Guided Tour to Acropolis and a Private Family Guided Tour to the Acropolis Museum
- In case you visit Acropolis during summer time, make sure you bring some sun cream lotion and special shoes for walking for you and your children. We would also recommend that you bring hats, as Acropolis has a lack of shade
- It would be wise to supply yourselves with water, juices and snacks just to be on the safe side
- Please have in mind that strollers are not allowed in Acropolis
Kids will love
The fascinating battles which are represented at the pediment of Erechteion
Parents will love
- The amazing views from the Acropolis
- The 360 degree view from the top floor of the Acropolis Museum
Best season to visit
- 49€ adults
- 45€ teenager-student
- 14€ child (6-12 years old)
- Free infant (0-5 years old)
- Tickets for Acropolis & Acropolis Museum not included (price for ticket 17€ or 9€)
Share on Social Media