If you think vegetarians have limited choices then think again. You will be amazed by the variety on Avocado’s menu.
Avocado first opened its doors to the public 3 and half years ago. It is the creation of an Iranian vegetarian who married a Greek. It is hidden in a small corner in the heart of Athens and the best part is that you don’t have to be vegetarian to enjoy the food.
Your children will love the juices and the variety of pizza, pasta, risotto and burger, while you will enjoy the healthy salads. The kitchen is a mixture of Mediterranean, Indian and Eastern cuisine, and the fresh juices bar with the endless variety of exotic and non-exotic fruits is ‘not to be missed’.
Hopefully you will find space on the 2nd floor which has a lovely family ambience as well as comfy cushions. Vegetarians, vegans, and even persons with lactose intolerance are all catered for.
- Tavern - Restaurant
Families should know
- We recommend you use the metro to get to Avocado as it is only a few minutes away from ‘Syntagma Square’ Metro station. Apart from that finding parking in the centre of Athens can be very difficult. As the restaurant is small it gets full quite quickly and it is best if you avoid weekends and try to take your children there on a week day
- The portions are huge and you will most definitely leave the place feeling full. The fact that the menu is vegetarian should not worry you as it is all delicious
- Rent high quality baby & toddler equipment such as booster seats and strollers through our partner My Baby in Greece for stress-free and enjoyable family meals in Greece
Kids will love
- The juices and smoothies
- The pasta and the pizza
- The homemade bread and cakes
- The upstairs Zen room with floor cushions
Parents will love
- The fact that you will not have to worry about your children eating pizza or burger as they are vegetarian and without preservatives
- The amazing variety of salads
- The exotic fruit juices
Best season to visit