Chania Food & Drink
The mouthwatering flavors of the Sfakian cuisine come together in a restaurant that honors Cretan culinary tradition in the best way.
If you want to taste authentic Sfakian cuisine outside the beautiful village of Sfakia, Chrysostomos’ tavern in Chania is just what you’re looking for! The owner (who’s also the head chef) has combined an incredible culinary tradition with top-quality ingredients sourced from his hometown to create unforgettable flavors.
The wood-burning oven is another secret behind Chrysostomos’ success. His dedication to local, traditional dishes doesn’t stop him from constantly experimenting to find new inspiration, ideas, and recipes. Chrysostomos carefully selects Cretan wines to accompany your meal.
The place is always full of locals and seasoned travelers to the city of Chania. Anyone who’s eaten here can totally understand why Chrysostomos won the Χρυσούς Σκούφους (Chrysous Skoufous, or Golden Caps) award.
- Roast Sfakian lamb or goat with chunky potatoes seasoned with quince
- Gruyere omelet
- Greens (Swiss Chard) with potatoes in a tomato sauce
Families should know
- Aside from the place in Chania, Chrysostomos also runs a tavern by the sea on the beautiful Marmara beach in Sfakia. The beach is located in a little inlet that’s only accessible by sea, so you’ll need to take a water-taxi from the Sfakia main town, or Chora
- The Marmara tavern opens after Eastern and closes in mid-September
- Rent high quality baby & toddler equipment such as booster seats and strollers through our partner My Baby in Greece for stress-free and enjoyable family meals in Greece