Lassithi Food & Drink
Gorgona – Plaka Eloundas
Traditional family fish taverna with exceptional quality food and an unforgettable view.
Plaka is perhaps one of the most picturesque villages of Crete with the island of Spinalonga taking centre stage exactly opposite. There is no better way to enjoy this wonderful view than by enjoying exceptional food at the same time. You can do this at ‘Taverna Gorgona’ (‘Gorgona’ meaning ‘Mermaid’) which is conveniently situated next to the lapping sea.
Tasty Cretan ‘mezes’ and the catch of the day, brought from the family’s own fishing boat, are freshly prepared and cooked with love and care by the owner’s wife.
The taverna eludes a warm atmosphere as it is a family business and the service is friendly and quick, and at the same time very professional.
- Grilled fish
- Dolmadakia (stuffed vine leaves)
- Cheese pie and spinach pie
Families should know
- Fresh fish might seem a little expensive, but you should keep in mind that Plaka fame comes with a price
- When you order fresh fish the accompanying fresh vegetable portion may seem quite small
- Rent high quality baby & toddler equipment such as booster seats and strollers through our partner My Baby in Greece for stress-free and enjoyable family meals in Greece