Arahova Food & Drink
Established over 30 years Kaplanis taverna in Arahova is known for its excellent food. No wonder why it is so highly recommended by locals.
Kaplanis taverna is in Tropaiou Square in Arahova and recent renovations have added a more modern element to its traditional style.
You must have dinner there at least once during your stay in Arahova. Enjoy dinner by the fireplace. The food is excellent and there are oodles to choose from. You should try the ‘kontosouvli’ – grilled pork, and ‘kokoretsi’ – fried intestines and liver, as well as the juicy burgers which are home made by Mr Panagiotis. The large salad with rocket lettuce, parmesan cheese, peanuts and radishes is highly recommended. The pies are also amazing, as well as the ‘politiki’ eggplant, the stuffed cabbage, and of course Mrs Stella’s famous ‘gardoubakia with horta’ – liver with intestines served with greens. Other good choices include stew, goat in the oven, and homemade soup which is great on cold days.
There is also a good choice for your little fellows, ranging from grilled meat, burger and chips. Mrs Stella will also make them pasta if you ask.
Make sure you go there with an empty stomach because you will savour the wonderful food and want more and more. Make sure you wash it down with house wine.
If you’re wondering what to do next while you are in the area, have a look at our suggestion of ‘Arahova’ in the ‘Ideas for Excursion’ section.
- ‘Kontosouvli’ – grilled pork
- ‘Kokoretsi’ – fried intestines and liver
- ‘Gardoubakia with horta’ – liver and intestines served with greens
- ‘Politiki’ eggplant
Families should know
- As the taverna is very popular it may be difficult to find a table during the festive period so it may be a good idea to go for an early dinner
- Rent high quality baby & toddler equipment such as booster seats and strollers through our partner My Baby in Greece for stress-free and enjoyable family meals in Greece