Heraklion Food & Drink
A traditional family restaurant ideal for lunch on a Saturday or Sunday, offering delicious local recipes, fresh ingredients and good service.
Adults can enjoy their food without a care as their children play safely in the outdoor playground.
- Lamb with askolymprous (local vegetable)
- Lamb and pork cooked in the oven
- Braised goat
- Omelette with greens
- Cretan apaki (smoked meat)
Families should know
- The playground is not fenced from all sides. Supervision for younger children is recommended
- The restaurant does not have a children’s menu
- We advise that you book in advance if you want to go on a Sunday as it gets very busy
- Krites is located in Gournes between Thalassokosmos and the International Exhibition Centre of Crete. The easiest way to get there is by car via the old National Road Heraklion-Hersonissos. Once you arrive in Gournes, follow the signs towards either the Aquarium or the Exhibition Centre and you will find yourselves in Krites. You can also take the bus that goes from Heraklion – Lasithi (http://www.ktelherlas.gr/?lang=en)
- Rent high quality baby & toddler equipment such as booster seats and strollers through our partner My Baby in Greece for stress-free and enjoyable family meals in Greece
Small football stadium