Centre Food & Drink
Worth a try is Melina’s Café where you will be pleasantly surprised by its distinct location in Anafiotika, Plaka. It has an old fashioned ambience that gives the feeling of being on a Greek island.
Melina’s café is located in a small alleyway in Plaka and is a bit difficult to locate. However, the location couldn’t be better with its traditional white cobblestone streets and view of the Acropolis.
Τhe interior is full of pictures of Melina Merkouri, a famous Greek singer and actress, and you could think you were on the set of a black and white film. However, it is very cosy and friendly. The outside veranda is also lovely thanks to its amazing location.
Your children will love the choice of ice creams and sweet crepes. The staff are very friendly, especially to your little fellows.
You can come here for breakfast, coffee, a light lunch, snack or just a drink … and don’t go without trying the hot chocolate and the home made deserts.
- walnut pie and apple pie with ice cream
- Cuban hot chocolate with rum & whipped cream
- blueberry tea with brandy & orange liqueur
- tapas for ouzo including: meatballs; feta cheese; small sausages; tomato; cucumber; ham & olives
Families should know
- The place is particularly popular during weekends when it may be very busy which means service may be slower
- We suggest you take the Metro and stop at Monastiraki from where it is a pleasant 10 minute walk
- The road to Melina’s Café is not push chair friendly
- Rent high quality baby & toddler equipment such as booster seats and strollers through our partner My Baby in Greece for stress-free and enjoyable family meals in Greece