Melina’s café is located in a small alleyway in Plaka and is a bit difficult to locate. However, the location couldn’t be better with its traditional white cobblestone streets and view of the Acropolis.
Τhe interior is full of pictures of Melina Merkouri, a famous Greek singer and actress, and you could think you were on the set of a black and white film. However, it is very cosy and friendly. The outside veranda is also lovely thanks to its amazing location.
Your children will love the choice of ice creams and sweet crepes. The staff are very friendly, especially to your little fellows.
You can come here for breakfast, coffee, a light lunch, snack or just a drink … and don’t go without trying the hot chocolate and the home made deserts.
- Restaurant - Cafeteria - Bar
Families should know
- The place is particularly popular during weekends when it may be very busy which means service may be slower
- We suggest you take the Metro and stop at Monastiraki from where it is a pleasant 10-minute walk
- The road to Melina’s Café is not stroller friendly
Kids will love
- The great variety of ice creams
- The sweet crepes
- The friendly staff
Parents will love
- The feeling that they are on a Greek island
- The amazing veranda
- The exquisite beverages
Best season to visit
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!