Hydra Our Top Selections
Top 6 Things to Do on Hydra with Kids
With a little help from Mrs. Eleni Christodoulou, we’ve rounded up the top six things your children must do when your family visits Hydra. Mrs. Christodoulou is an editor at the local publication, “The Voice of Hydra.”
Kids! The next time you visit Hydra, don’t forget to:
1. Take a picture with the Bourlotierides – the men who dress up as heroes of the War of 1821 – during the annual Miaoulia celebration in June. The fireworks are amazing!
2. Visit all the museums and learn about the rich history of Hydra, and the huge role the island – and its powerful navy – played in winning the War of 1821.
3. Admire or even explore the crystal-blue sea with snorkels or scuba gear. If you’re lucky, you might see a dolphin or two!
4. Take a ride on one of the local donkeys or horses, and gallop around the cobblestone alleyways. You might even get to know Lambros, the lovely donkey.
5. Count all the boats, canons, and mills along the harbor.
6. Check out the cool houses in shades of red and ocher in the “horseshoe” of the harbor.