Top 6 Things to Do on Hydra with Kids
Kids! The next time you visit Hydra, don’t forget to:
1. Take a picture with the Bourlotierides – the men who dress up as heroes of the War of 1821 – during the annual Miaoulia celebration in June. The fireworks are amazing!
2. Visit all the museums and learn about the rich history of Hydra, and the huge role the island – and its powerful navy – played in winning the War of 1821.
3. Admire or even explore the crystal-blue sea with snorkels or scuba gear. If you’re lucky, you might see a dolphin or two!
4. Admire the local donkeys or horses and pet the friendly street cats that are everywhere.
5. Count all the boats, canons, and mills along the harbour.
6. Check out the cool houses in shades of red and ocher in the “horseshoe” of the harbor.
Best season to visit
Find out the where to go and what to do in Greece with the family. Book with us for amazing family memories.
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!