Percy Jackson Mythology for Families 1-day Trip
- What is included
- Why book with us
If your kids loved the Percy Jackson books and films and you are planning to stay in Athens for only one day, we recommend you to book our Percy Jackson Mythology Family 1-day tour. Your family will visit the most important Greek archaeological sites in Athens and get a better understanding of the places mentioned in the Percy Jackson books.
Climb to the top of the Acropolis, discover the treasures of the Acropolis Museum and witness a magical sunset at the Temple of Poseidon in Cape Sounion. Along the way, you will learn all about the myths and legends associated with each site. You will be on first name terms with the kings, heroes, and gods from the ancient Golden Age!
- Private family tours to: the Acropolis, the Acropolis Museum, Cape Sounion/Temple of Poseidon
- Licenced English-speaking tour guide with specialization in family tours trained in Percy Jackson
- All transfers
- The Percy Jackson inspired private mythology tours are a great way for your family to experience Greece at your own pace. Kids who know and love the Percy Jackson books have an extra dimension added to their Greek vacation, and adults appreciate the engaging way our guides present the various archaeological sites and activities.
- We have hand-picked family-friendly guides trained in the stories and places from the Percy Jackson books. But even if some family members have never heard of Percy Jackson, these tours are great for families who are looking for a private, authentic, and meaningful experience to explore Greece.
- We can fully customize your private trip and adjust it to the ages of your kids.
- Sometimes the fixed tour dates just won’t fit into a busy schedule the way you’d like. With a private tour, you can schedule your vacation for when it works best for you.
1-day itinerary Percy Jackson Mythology Trip
Get ready to experience a day in Athens full of adventure! Discover the sacred hill of the Acropolis, the treasures of the Acropolis Museum and the Temple of Poseidon in Sounion in one day.
Morning: Acropolis and Acropolis Museum
the most ancient temples to the gods, in the middle of Athens…” – Percy Jackson
Our family-friendly guide trained in Percy Jackson will meet you at your hotel after breakfast and guide you to the sacred hill of the Acropolis.As soon as you climb up the hill, you will be astonished by the magnificent views of the Parthenon. This temple was constructed in the so-called Ancient Golden Age and dedicated to the Olympian Goddess Athena, the city’s patron deity. Our guide will tell you myths and stories related to the Acropolis and keep your kids captivated. Percy Jackson fans will visit the place where Athena (the mother of Annabeth) and Poseidon (the father of Percy) fought.
If you want to see the Acropolis from an entirely different perspective, we highly recommend the amazing Kids Love Greece Acropolis’ 3D app for families. This app is a virtual time-travelling gadget. With the use of mini iPads, you will be able to zoom in and out and get a closer view of all the details of the monuments as they used to be in ancient times.
Our next stop is the Acropolis Museum. Here you will see all the artefacts that have been found during excavations at the Acropolis. With the help of our licensed family guide, your kids will be kept engaged by intriguing stories behind the exhibition.
This private combined tour of the Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum lasts about 3 hours and is specially designed just for families. The walking time is approximately 40 minutes. In case you get tired, we can allow time for resting or a snack.
Afternoon: Cape Sounion, Temple of Poseidon
After the Acropolis Museum visit, we will stop for a lunch break in the area before heading to Cape Sounion. You can also choose to have lunch in a seaside fish taverna. After lunch your guide will take you to the Temple of Poseidon. This temple on the top of Cape Sounion was dedicated to Poseidon, the god of the sea.
According to mythology, this was also the spot where Aegeus threw himself into the sea when he saw the black sails of the ship, and believed that his son Theseus – who had gone to Knossos to fight the Minotaur – was dead. For this reason the sea was called Aegean Sea.
Watching the sunset from the temple overlooking the sea is an unforgettable experience for the whole family. At the end of the day, we will go back to Athens and drop you off at your hotel.
Our Percy Jackson Mythology for families 1-day trip will give you the opportunity to discover and explore the two main places described in Percy Jackson’s adventures in Athens. Book this tour now for a day in Athens full of adventure and fun for the whole family!
Note: The Percy Jackson tour to Greece and its promotion are not sponsored by Rick Riordan or Disney*Hyperion and they specifically disclaim any legal obligations or responsibilities for the tour.
Best season to visit
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!