Ancient Athenian Myths, Games and Pottery | A Private Tour
Some of the most detailed information we’ve learned from the ancient world has come from unexpected sources. Myths, games and ceramics are all vital sources of insight into what daily life, customs and beliefs were in the ancient world. With this private 3-hour tour, your kids will learn about Ancient Athenian Myths, Games and Pottery while exploring one of the oldest cities in the world!
Meeting in Thisseio, near the foothills of the Acropolis, your walking tour will take you through the historic heart of Athens. A creative, kid-friendly guide (and field expert) will share some stories about the city as you walk past its most famous monuments, including the Acropolis, the Pnyx and the Odeon of Herodes Atticus.
Throughout the tour, you’ll be encouraged to become a part of the storytelling process. You and your kids will take on the roles of gods, goddesses, heroes and warriors, making Greek mythology come to life in the middle of the city!
To complete the day, you’ll have the chance to take part in an authentic Pottery Workshop. This ancient technique is great fun for the whole family, a truly hands-on experience of history. By the end of the session, you’ll have your very own ceramic masterpiece — a perfect souvenir from a day of family fun.
Families should know
- The route of this walking tour is entirely car-free
- The walking tour lasts 2 hours and the workshop 2 more hours
- The walking tour can be booked without the pottery workshop
- Make sure that you wear comfortable shoes and take a hat and sunscreen as well as a bottle of water
- The games and narrative are designed for kids between the age of 6-12 years old
- Younger siblings can join because there is plenty of space for play and running around safely
- The walk does not include a visit to the Acropolis
- Parents have the option to participate in the pottery workshop against an extra charge
- This walking tour combines ancient Greek gods, street games and a pottery workshop
- A special goodbye gift is included
Best season to visit
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!