Illuminated Athens Tour with Mezes
As the sun sets, begin your exploration of Athens by evening with our local, expert guide and historian. From the fairytale lamps of Pittaki street to the sweeping esplanade of Dionysiou Areopagitou, you will discover the most picturesque places in Athens.
This is a tour rich in history and mythology, taking in landmark sites such as the National Gardens and the Temple of Olympian Zeus whilst giving you a rich insight into local culture.
This guided tour begins at Syntagma Square and takes your family through historic neighborhoods such as Plaka, Thiseio, and Psyrri. You will see the National Gardens, Hadrian’s Arch, the ancient Temple of Olympian Zeus, the Choragic Monument of Lysicrates and the magnificent Odeon of Herodes Atticus.
Admire the illuminated Acropolis, the Acropolis museum and the Stoa of Attalos. Learn more about Athens’ history and culture and hear local anecdotes of the city that range from Ancient to Roman, Byzantine, and contemporary Athens.
The evening ends with a light mezedes dinner and wine at a local tavern. With live music and a warm Greek atmosphere you can dream away under a starry Athenian sky!
Families should know
- The duration of this tour is 4 hours
- Included in this tour is the local, expert guide & historian, dinner and all taxes
- We may accommodate any food restrictions or allergies
Kids will love
- The twinkling city lights everywhere
- The traditional guards on Syntagma square
- Roaming freely on the car-free roads in the historic center
Parents will love
- Admiring the beautiful illuminated Acropolis
- Enjoying a meze meal with their kids under the stars
- Learning more about Athens and its monuments
Best season to visit