Be an archaeologist for a day: Excavation & Mosaic
What is Archaeology? What does an archaeologist do? Why excavations are done in a specific way? Be an archaeologist for a day and dig together with the family into a Minoan house in this fun educational activity! Using a combination of Minoan artefacts and fossils buried in the sand, you will reconstruct history and learn about archaeology and Minoan civilization!
Did you know that Mosaic art has its root in the Minoan Cretan? Learn about the history of the unique ancient art and make your own mosaic. Pick a picture, set your surface work, cut the stones and lay on the job! Get your mosaic and the experience home!
Families should know
- Private activity
- Duration: 3 hours
- All materials for the mosaic art project are provided
- Expert guide for the excavation activity provided
Kids will love
- Digging and playing with the earth
- Discovering artifacts like a real archaeologist!
Parents will love
- An engaging educational activity for adults and kids alike
- Learning interesting details about Minoan civilization & art
Best season to visit
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!