Greek Family Organic Table in Naxos
Many people believe that in order to know a place well you need to know its everyday life. Therefore, we invite you to Kaloxylos Village at a 20-minute car ride from Naxos Town. Here, you will visit a Naxian family home where together with a local food expert you will prepare a typical Greek meal.
During this hands-on family experience, you will prepare three traditional courses; you will create a starter, some delicious appetizers, a traditional pie, a main dish, and dessert. The menu also includes a salad, bread, a variety of Naxian cheeses and local wine. For the main dish you will be using freshly cut seasonal vegetables. Through this lesson, you and your family will learn the many culinary secrets of the Naxian cuisine and at the end enjoy a delicious meal together.
Through this hands-on activity you will also experience the authentic village way of living and become part of the local everyday family life. You will learn more about Greek food, spend time with your kids preparing local Greek dishes and enjoy a lovely feast!
Families should know
- The duration of this tour is 4 hours (10.30-14.30 or 17.00-21.00)
- 2 ½ hours cooking, 1 ½ meal.
- If you choose to join the afternoon option, you will also have the opportunity to enjoy your savory dinner under the stars.
- The meal could be adjusted to your dietary preferences.
- You can inform us about your favorite ingredients or any special preferences you may have.
- This tour does not include the transfer from your hotel to Kaloxylos Village. Private transfer can be offered upon request at an extra charge.
Kids will love
- Learning more about local island village life
- Getting hands-on and preparing a meal
- Tasting Greek pies and desserts
Parents will love
- Learning how to prepare a Greek meal
- Spending quality time with their children
- Getting to know the locals
Best season to visit
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!