Naxos Sights and Bites
Naxos is considered a gastronomical paradise which provides a wide variety of unique local produce. The island’s famous meat and dairy products are just some of the treasures of Naxos. In Greece, all families use the famed Naxian potato in their dishes while the mountainous areas of Naxos produce premium olive oil.
If you want to learn more about Naxos’ history and culture and taste some of its best products, join the Kids Love Greece Naxos Sights and Bites.
This walking tour with food stops in local shops takes your family around the old town of Naxos, called Chora. Together with a local insider expert guide, you will wander through Naxos’ narrow lanes while tasting several Naxian products.
The route is flexible and customizable and can be adjusted to your kids’ or your family’s preferences. The tour can include a visit to a traditional bakery (morning) a tasting of the famous Naxos Citron Liqueur (afternoon). There will be a cheese tasting, an olive tasting, and we will stop at the Venetian Castle for a coffee/beer break. The kids will love visiting a local candy shop!
Are you ready to discover the famous Naxos products?
Families should know
- Morning tour: 10.00-13.00 pickup at 10.00
- Afternoon tour: 18.00-21.30 pickup at 17.30
- Transfers are not included in this tour but can be arranged at an extra charge
- The tour can be fully adjusted to the special dietary needs or allergies of your family
- The tour is flexible and customizable
Kids will love
- Discovering car-free alleys
- Tasting local sweets
- The candy shop
Parents will love
- Spending quality family time
- Tasting traditional local products
- Learning more about the rich gastronomy of Naxos
Best season to visit