Enagron – Traditional Guesthouses
Enagron is the best place to get a true sense of the beauty of the real Crete. It is a traditional village, built in an area of 60 acres, outside the village of Axos. The owners, Yiannis and Fani, decide to create Enagron to be closer to nature and to their homeland.
The activities offered at Enagron, both within and outside the farm, are truly authentic and focused on the natural beauty of the location. They include cooking and pastry classes, wine and oil tasting, hiking, exploring on donkeys or mountain bikes and nature walks. There are numerous seasonal activities such as participation in cheese and wine – or even raki – tastings.
Locals living in the surrounding villages of Mylopotamo keep the traditions of the various events very much alive. All Enagron guests are welcome to join them. It is guaranteed that you will love their spirit and passion for life as well as their pride.
Families should know
- The farm might feel a bit remote as it is surrounded by nature. However, it is its isolation which makes it so special
- Those parents with babies and toddlers need to keep a constant eye on their children as there are multiple staircases
- There is a swimming pool within the farm; however, it is not fenced
- Supervision in the playground is recommended for parents of younger children, as it is a bit isolated
- The route from both Heraklion and Rethymnon is full of bends and may bore younger travelers
Kids will love
Fun games in every corner of the farm
Parents will love
- Total relaxation and tranquility
- Warm and genuine hospitality
Best season to visit
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!