Knossos Beach Bungalows & Suites
If your kids are young and love the beach, Knossos Beach is an excellent choice for your holiday. The hotel is made up of bungalows that blend well into the natural landscape. The beach is sheltered from the strong summer winds.
With a strong Aegean element in its architecture, the 4-star hotel Knossos Beach is located very near Heraklion and just 10 minutes away from the airport. It is a beautiful place, perfect for peace and quiet, and for family holidays. Its location is also quite convenient as it is in the middle of the island.
Built like a Cretan village, the accommodation is spread across a large area. All the bungalows and suites are detached, which gives guaranteed privacy. The verandas and gardens are perfect for relaxing while sipping your drink at sunset.
The mini club is ideal for your children. All the pools are salt water. The Swell restaurant operates on an a la carte basis and is a popular choice among locals. The menu and creativity of the chef will not go unnoticed.
Families should know
- Because of its proximity to the airport, you will definitely notice the noise of the planes taking off/ landing. At first the noise might seem annoying but after the first day or so you will get used to it
- At the reception of the Swell restaurant and by the beach, there is a free Wi-Fi connection. In all remaining areas, you have to pay for internet access
- You need to reserve the sunbeds at the beach (additional cost)
- Moving around with buggies is challenging due to the stairs from the rooms to the beach
- The all inclusive package might seem a bit inadequate due to its limited variety
- Although the family rooms have recently been refurbished, they are located further away from the beach
- The village of Kokkini that is located nearby offers a variety of food and drink options; however, it is by no means picturesque
- The standard rooms need refurbishment
- The rooms next to the pool are the noisiest
- Rent high quality baby and toddler equipment such as baby monitors, bottle & food warmers, bouncing chairs, play gyms, baby baths and travel cots through our partner My Baby in Greece
- Wind surfing
- Mini golf
- Water sports such as jet ski (with an extra charge), water bikes and canoe
- Beginners’ scuba diving lessons
- Morning gym classes outside
- Aqua gym
- Computer with Wi-Fi connection at reception (extra charge)
- Mini golf
- Hypermarket nearby open also on Sundays
- Tennis court (you only get charged for using the court with floodlights)