Who doesn’t love comics…? Besides all the super heroes and their fascinating stories, comics have the power to stimulate readers’ imagination and actuate their creativity. The Greek mythology comics’ workshop combines in a unique way two of kids’ favorite subjects: comics and Greek mythology!
More specifically, the workshop is inspired by one of the most fascinating stories of the Greek mythology, that of Theseus’ great battle with the Minotaur in the labyrinth of Knossos. During the first part of the workshop, kids are being introduced to comics’ basic ‘ingredients’. After this first contact with comics’ main principles, kids, together with a comic book artist, put themselves in the hero’s shoes and “revive” in a piece of paper Theseus adventures step by step. As time flows, kids see their favorite tale being transformed into a comic!
During the next part of the Greek Mythology comics’ workshop, kids are being motivated to become creators themselves! Now it’s their turn to seek additional knowledge and under the help and guidance of the comic book artist, create their own glorious story with their own brave hero and terrible beast!
The Greek Mythology comics’ workshop for kids takes place at a Comics Library, in a beautiful neoclassical building in the center of Athens. It is designed and run by a group of comics’ experts, with long experience in educational workshops on comics’ creation for schools, libraries and museums.
Join the Greek Mythology comics’ workshop and get inspired by the magic of comics!
Families should know
- During the workshop kids will work with basic materials (paper, pens, colours)
- When the workshop is being completed kids will go away with their own comic story
- The total duration of the workshop is 2 hours
- The workshop is being offered on a private basis for small groups and families. Group size ranges from 2-10 participants
- The price per person depends on the size of the group
- Parents are more than welcome to participate in the workshop if they wish to do so
- The workshop takes place in a beautiful neoclassical building in the center of Athens. It could however take place in an open space as well upon request
- Ideally this workshop could be combined with a private family guided tour to the Acropolis
Kids will love
- Recreating the tale of Theseus
- Designing their own super hero
- Creating their own comic book
Parents will love
- Watching their kids create their own masterpieces
- Relaxing at the beautiful neoclassical building
- Experiencing the magic of comic books
Best season to visit
Share on Social Media