Private Family Guided Acropolis Tour
No trip to Athens is complete without a visit to the Acropolis, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the most visited places in Europe. On this fun and highly educational tour, you and your family will be shown around the ancient monument, learning about the rich mythology that flows around the area.
Throughout your 2-hour private tour, you’ll be taken to some of the Acropolis’ most iconic features, including the Parthenon, the Theater of Dionysus, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Temple of Erechtheion and the Sanctuary of Asclepius. At each stop, your expert guide will talk you through the history and significance of the ruins. For the kids, they’ll learn all there is to know about the Greek gods and heroes — finding out why Athens was one of the greatest cities in the world in the ancient era.
While at the Acropolis, you’ll be given an iPad that’s been preloaded with an extra augmented reality program. This new ‘touring’ tool will help you visualize how the Acropolis looked in ancient times. You’ll be able to see a full 3D colored reconstruction of the 5th century BC statues, buildings, and ancient objects – it’s a truly incredible experience.
Families should know
- This private tour is highly recommended for families as it is arranged with a specialized in children’s activities state licensed guide
- The private tour is possible to customise on the way and is always adjusted according to children’s exact ages
- The tour is available at English and German and its duration is 2 hours
- All children get an inspiring gift
- If your hotel is located at the centre of Athens, our guide will pick you up from there and walk with you to the site
- Skip the line service for the Acropolis is being provided. Your guide will have the admission tickets on the day of the tour and you can compensate the amount directly to her in cash.
- This tour is ideally combined with our Private Family Guided Tour to the Acropolis Museum and the Private Family Athens City Centre Tour
- As the Acropolis rock gets very hot during the summer months, we suggest starting the earliest as possible (8-8:30 am) or having this tour in the afternoon (starting at 5:00 pm)
Best season to visit
Find out the where to go and what to do in Greece with the family. Book with us for amazing family memories.
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!