A modern and welcoming place for visitors with an interest in wine. Say cheers to Cretan hospitality with a glass of organic wine.
Paternianakis winery is a modern winery which produces organic Cretan wine. It is built over 2,000 sqm including underground cellars with barrels and bottles. If you are a wine lover, definitely visit, take the guided tour and learn more about the production of wine in Crete.
Do not leave without trying the traditional delicacies made by Mrs Popi, the mother of the Paternianakis family; her moussaka, dolmades, fresh salads, and desserts are to die for.
Children can either relax in the restaurant watching the educational video, or play outdoors. There is a shop next to the restaurant where you can buy fine wines, Cretan herbs and desserts, all made with love by the Paterianakis family.
Families should know
- Do not forget your hat and sunscreen as it can get really hot during the summer months
- Visiting the winery with babies or toddlers is not recommended
- The guided tour in two languages: Greek and English
- The gourmet tasting (upon request)
- The movie is in English and lasts approximately 20 minutes. It has Greek, French, German and Russian subtitles
- Visitors can purchase traditional products
The Paterianaki winery organises various events and wine tasting frequently. For more information please visit www.paterianakis.gr