Riding Academy of Crete
Families should know
- The riding club is very large and therefore rarely gets crowded. However, before visiting you should check that there is no special cultural event taking place: at these times it gets very popular among locals
- The horses are well trained, but if you have younger children you will need to keep an eye on them if they wish to stroke or feed the animals
- Avoid visiting the place around noon. The intense heat and lack of shade might make your visit unpleasant
- The establishment is spread out over a vast area, so you may need to keep a careful eye on your children
- Rent high quality baby & toddler travel gear such as car seats, strollers, baby carriers, trikes, booster seats through our partner My Baby in Greece for stress-free & fun family activities in Greece
Address: Filippon 2, Karteros, Heraklion
Best season to visit
Find out the where to go and what to do in Greece with the family. Book with us for amazing family memories.
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!
For my young daughter, the pony ride is always a really fun experience.
The feeling of freedom that horse riding gives you is incredible. Sign up for the horse riding day trips at the beach – the experience is really unique.
We watched the first trial performance at the Minoan Court theater with our kids. Our daughter was enchanted by the imposing presence and beauty of Minoans, while our son was impressed by the performance.