The best stop for food after a visit to the Acropolis. The location is perfect and the tapas is delicious.
Anafiotika is popular with students. However, this should not put you off as the kids will love the garden whilst you’ll love the food. You’ll find good food combined with ouzo or raki – Greek traditional alcoholic drinks – and other delicacies such as ‘bekri meze’ (Greek dish with pork), melitzanato (a Greek dish with aubergine) and traditional sweets from Grevena.
The staff are very friendly. You can also go for dinner (providing your little fellows won’t fall asleep) to get a real taste of Greece. The cobbled traditional alleyways of Plaka and the Greek music will definitely captivate you.
You can visit Anafiotika for a hearty breakfast, coffee, food and drink. It stays open all hours, even during bank holidays, and is always busy. Its popularity says a lot about the quality which is why we strongly recommend you give it a try.
- Restaurant - Cafeteria - Bar
Families should know
- Better to use the Metro (stop at Monastiraki) rather than trying to find a parking space in the city centre. It is then a walk of about 10 minutes
- The kafeneio is popular with students as it is one of the best tapas place in Plaka
- If you want to go there at the weekend try to book a table in advance as it can be very busy
- Rent high quality baby & toddler equipment such as booster seats and strollers through our partner My Baby in Greece for stress-free and enjoyable family meals in Greece
Best season to visit
Get inspired by our top ideas for vacation in Greece. Discover our blog full of ideas, insights about Greek destinations, reviews for kid friendly activities, hotels, beaches, museums and so much more!